The first step is to add the payer account containing the data to Orbitera. Please also sure that programmatic billing is turned on, and make note of the S3 bucket that programmatic billing data is saved to. You can learn more about enabling programmatic billing at http://docs.aws.amazon.com/awsaccountbilling/latest/about/programaccess.html#useprogramaccess-signup
Click on "Account" in the top right section of the admin portal, and click on "Tables."
Next, click on "Add"
The dialog box that opens will allow you to add an account.
Select the cloud provider and enter the account number and enter the account number and email address associated with the account. Check the box that says "Payer Account."
You will now see a dialog with instructions to add a role to the account. Follow the instructions (copied below) and paste the role ARN into the box that says Role ARN.
- Login to your Amazon IAM console Roles section
- Click "Create New Role"
- Enter Orbitera as the "Role Name" and click continue
- Select "Role for Cross-Account Access"
- Select "Allows IAM users from a 3rd party AWS account to access this account"
- Enter the following:
Account ID: 328676173091
External ID: (enter the ID on screen)
- Select "Read only access" from the policy template list
- Click continue
- Click "Create Role"
- Select the newly created Orbitera role in your roles list
- Click on the "Summary" tab
- Copy the "Role ARN" value and paste it the appropriate field
- Enter a Description
- Click "Save"
Ensure that the S3 bucket that contains the billing data. Ensure it can be accessed by a read only role in your account.
Save the information.
Click on the icon for the billing section of Orbitera and click on Imports.